After the successful conduct of sensitization and advocacy in 10 Eastern Dzongkhags and Thromdes, the NCWC started second phase of sensitization in 5 Dzongkhags (Gasa, Punakha, Wangdue Phodrang, Bumthang, Trongsa) starting Wangdue Phodrang today.
The topics of advocacy are;
1. Terms of Reference (ToR) for the Dzongkhag Women and Children Committee (DWCC),
2. Child Care and Protection Act, 2011, Child Adoption Act, 2012, Domestic Violence Prevention Act, 2013,
3. Woman and Child Helpline (1098),
4. SoP on Case Management for Women and Children in Difficult Circumstances and
5. Implementation of Central Management Information System.
The participants includes DWCC members, Dzongkhag MSTF members, Y-VIA, CBSS, DAISAN volunteers and Gewog Administration Officers.
Thank you Wangdue Phodrang for the support and cooperation!